Mentorship and Partnership Coaching
Hilary Bradbury offers mentorship and partnership coaching in support of transformative scholarly-practice, at our developmental edge.
Scholarly-practice mentoring and partnership coaching happens through action dialogue, in which my job is to listen and mirror back to you your own genius for moving to action. Of course we may have to remove a few obstacles on the way to your genius. More fun that way!
Expect to meet, individually or possibly in small peer groups, on regular dates. Between our meetings you'll work with your stakeholders to experiment with what we're cooking up together.
Our work is designed with the belief that the art of change and transformation requires a relational "protainer," in which we focus on your accomplishing more with your stakeholders. Key aspects include locating personal and interpersonal developmental edges, such as how we grow capacity for inquiry to balance advocacy or how we manage "timefulness" in our busy lives. Our work aims to restore our humanity to the heart of our work with stakeholders.
Scholarly-practice coaching invites a developmental attitude to self and community transformation. We clarify intention, speak from the heart (referring to data when useful), listen generously, respect generative silence (mindfulness), use the arts, participate constructively, practice hanging in when confidence is shaken, and… yes, we enjoy ourselves!
Most common starting points for mentorship and partnership coaching:
- Support for leadership at sensitive times in our work (e.g., design phase of proposal or during dissertation).
- Support for action researching teams who are transforming their organization (school system, business).
- Help in framing, writing up/enhancing/proliferating findings.
- Seeking expertise in participative methods and processes.
- Finding community & support in integrating personal (first person) developmental transformation with our inter-personal (second person) change making work.
Action-coaching is dialogic. Journaling, documentation (with possible eventual publication in mind), is encouraged.
As with all offers from AR+, coaching is offered by donation and on a sliding scale.
No one is turned away for want of funds.
If interested, please schedule an exploratory conversation with Hilary.