Visiting Assistant Professor Position. Phyllis M. Taylor Center for Social Innovation & Design Thinking, Tulane University
The Phyllis M. Taylor Center for Social Innovation and Design Thinking at Tulane University is seeking qualified candidates for the Visiting Assistant Professor in Design Thinking for Social Impact (DTSI) for the 2021-2022 academic year.
We are looking for candidates who have experience in the theory and practice of human-centered design, with a particular focus on equity and social impact within HCD. Strong candidates will be able to integrate a variety HCD and DT models with other methodologies in mission-driven work (dialogue processes, participatory engagement, systems practice, etc.).
The Visiting Assistant Professor will have the opportunity to design and lead offerings for a diverse group of stakeholders, including:
• Supporting faculty across disciplines interested in integrating HCD into their teaching and research
• Training graduate students across disciplines in HCD mindsets
• Hosting networking opportunities for regional DTSI professionals
• Offering workshops open to the public
Formal teaching responsibilities will be negotiated between the Visiting Assistant Professor, the Taylor Center, and interested academic departments. The Visiting Assistant Professor will also propose a year-long research agenda. The search committee will begin screening applications April 16, 2021; Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
- Connecting Transdisciplinarity and Action Research by Roderick Lawrence. - November 2, 2021
- Invitation to grapple: Do We Have the Courage to Speak of Love? Join us! - May 10, 2021
- Visiting Assistant Professor Position. Phyllis M. Taylor Center for Social Innovation & Design Thinking, Tulane University - May 5, 2021